Project Bona Fide promotes food security and sustainable living systems on Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua through permaculture design, agroforestry, research & education, and community collaboration. We educate and expose people locally and worldwide to the possibilities of multi-strata food production through demonstrative agriculture on our 26-acre farm.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies:
Project Bona Fide (PBF) is a non-profit organization, demonstrative permaculture site, and experience-based learning center that utilizes permaculture design, agroforestry, research & education, and community collaboration to promote genuine food security on Isla de Ometepe in southwest Nicaragua.
Our vision is to educate and expose people to the possibilities of multi-strata food production through demonstrative sustainable agriculture on our 26-acre model farm, Finca Bona Fide. Through our work, we aim to promote food sovereignty locally and regionally; not just through feeding one’s self and family, but also by nourishing a community and contributing to its local economy.
We are an experience-based learning center that believes learning is grasped greatly by doing, and we hope to inspire local partners and peoples from around the world to undertake their education in this manner.
Our organization is seeking Educational and Volunteer Coordinators to contribute to the advancement of our organization and educational programming. We are looking for a team of individuals with educational experience and project management in a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Master gardening
- Food processing
- Food security
- Earthworks/Landscape design
- Certified Electrician
- Natural Building
- Mushroom Cultivation
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated, and innovative individuals to bring new and creative ideas to our organization and take our educational programs to the next level!
As an Educational or Volunteer Coordinator, you will participate in community tasks during the volunteer work hours from 6:45 AM-12 PM, with an hour break for breakfast and lunch. You will also be expected to work from 2 PM- 5 PM in the responsibilities listed below, but most importantly will use this time for managing the volunteer or educational programs. This could include giving tours of the 26-acre farm, facilitating workshops for the on-site community, meeting with interns and volunteers, project development and orientation, and much more!
Coordinators rotate for "weekend duty" which entails watching the farm for the weekend, supporting on site volunteers and interns, and making sure communal chores are completed such as feeding the chickens or helping make meals in the kitchen. Weekends when you are not on "weekend duty" are free for you to explore the surrounding area!
Both Educational and Volunteer Coordinators are responsible for holding a leadership role and making themselves available for students, interns, or volunteers on site. Coordinators will contribute to the general working and support of the core team that include the Farm Director, Educational Director, Program Coordinator, and fellow Educational and Volunteer Coordinators. Depending on their skill set, Coordinators are encouraged to design, organize, and lead their own projects when they are not participating in educational programming. Projects developed on site by coordinators will tie into and be used in the experiential educational model this site offers.
Responsibilities of Educational Coordinators include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Educational Director and Program Coordinator in their daily roles
- Create/update attractive, effective educational materials and media, including newsletters, brochures, web and social media content
- Create, organize, and lead a series of educational workshops
- Educate volunteers, interns, student groups, and community members about a range of topics
- Design and execute projects dependent on individual’s skill set
- Manage student groups and individual interns in their on-site orientation and educational programing
- Support volunteers, interns, and student groups in regular tasks and projects
Responsibilities of Volunteer Coordinators include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with and support the daily tasks of local staff and fellow coordinators
- Orient volunteers to various farm skills and volunteer work
- Support volunteers, interns, and student groups throughout their time on site
- Oversee the general workings and maintenance of the different farm systems
- Give tours of the farm to the on-site community and tour groups from external providers
- Support the Local Staff, Directors, Program Coordinators, and fellow Coordinators in their daily roles
- Design and implement individual projects
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year experience working with sustainable agriculture
- Volunteer management and experiential education experience
- Experience in project design and management
- Advanced level of Spanish
- Experience in tropical agroforestry
- Passionate interest in food security, sustainability, nutrition, and social justice
- Self-managing, pro-active, flexible; with positive attitudes about life and work
- Comfortable in various cultural environments and working with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong work ethic and great time management skills
- All food and accommodation expenses covered, excluding Saturday night dinner when we have dinner off the farm
- Potential to generate income using available resources
- Discount on courses held on site (Permaculture Design Course, Natural Building Course, Timber Framing Course)
- Join an international community of people engaging in lifelong learning to grow a better future
- Experiencing living in an exciting new environment, in harmony with the natural world
- Live on a volcanic island in the middle of Central America’s biggest fresh-water lake
- An adventure you’ll remember for years to come!
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for the Educational or Volunteer Coordinator positions, please send a resume and 1-page cover letter to email@example.com.
Please put the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
We are looking for individuals who can fulfill this role IMMEDIATELY! All applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and look forward to reading your application!
Size of project site
People on site
25 - 35
November to May
June to October
Contact Project Bona Fide
Register or login to contact this center.
More centers in Nicaragua.
Centro Ecologico de Aprendizaje Universal Ananda Nikunja
San Raphael del Sur
- proyectos de la comunidad
- salud integral
- proyecto social
- centro de retiro
Las Peñitas, León
- clases de idiomas locales
- proyectos de la comunidad
- intercambio cultural
- Relaciones auténticas
- construcción natural
- eco lodge
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: