Nós, os membros da comunidade La'akea, nos dedicamos à saúde e ao bem-estar a longo prazo dos outros. Nós honramos e trabalhamos em harmonia com a terra que possuímos e madrugadora. Nos comprometemos a nutrir nossa conexão uns com os outros e com as pessoas da nossa biorregião. Encorajamos esforços cooperativos e construímos relacionamentos amorosos.
Valorizamos as práticas sustentáveis e consideramos as futuras gerações em todas as nossas escolhas. Comprometemo-nos a criar um ambiente amigável para crianças e uma educação infantil holística. Nós abraçamos processos que funcionam para nos unir, respeitando a autonomia de cada pessoa. Pretendemos relações igualitárias através da tomada de decisões consensuais.
Pretendemos conscientizar os vários papéis que desempenhamos em termos de gênero, classe econômica, etnia, orientação sexual e idade. Nós aspiramos a deslocalizar os papéis opressores e oprimidos para o empoderamento mútuo.
Somos uma comunidade pequena, de estilo familiar, igualitária e de permacultura intencional na grande ilha dos hawaií. Permanecer conosco é uma imersão vibrante no estilo de vida da nossa comunidade, e muitos visitantes conseguem transformar-se e mudar a vida.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies:
Farm Supporters will learn activities related to sustainable food/fiber production (tropical fruit orchards, vegetable gardens, greenhouses, animal systems, coconut tree climbing and harvesting, bamboo and other timber crops, and local food preparation).
Farm Supporters participate in on the land activities for a minimum of fourteen hours per week. Farm Supporters also assist with one meal a week, a weekly cleaning party and attend our weekly heartshare meetings. While we encourage Farm Supporters to create projects on their own, these endeavors are extra and not expected. We realize that free time and solitude are valuable uses of personal time.
1) Farm Supporter contribute $12/day ($360/month). This is our food sharing fee. Since we share a common kitchen it is not possible to opt out of this agreement.
2) You will be assigned a liaison—a member or trial-member—whose job is to orient and support you during your stay.
3) We offer and ask for a one-month commitment. You will meet with your liaison 1-2 weeks into your stay to determine if there is a good fit between you and the community. It is possible to extend your stay if both you and the members of the community share this desire. It is also possible that, if friction is great enough, the community may ask you to leave before the end of one month.
4) If you are arriving and departing from Hilo airport, we are happy to arrange a shuttle for you. The fee is $30 for each trip to cover our time and gas costs.
5) Everyone (members and farm supporters) contributes to the preparation and clean-up of one to two dinners/week. Breakfast and lunch you prepare for yourself. This is in addition to your participation in land activities for a minimum of fourteen hours per week.
6) Everyone participates in a weekly cleaning party in addition to the requirements above.
7) Participants are encouraged to attend the weekly Thursday evening HeartShare meeting, in which people alternately share about their experiences and “hold space” for others to share.
8) We have wireless internet at La’akea which we provide to Farm Supporters at no charge. We are on a satellite with limited band-with, so no large uploading please!
9) The accommodations vary from a small cabin ($5/day) to a small screened Quonset hut to tarp-covered tent camping (huts and camping at no charge). We will know what is available as it gets closer to the time of your arrival. Prepare to camp with your own tent, sleeping pad and sleeping bag.
If you are interested please fill out our application located at:
Size of project site
April to September
- tent camping
- shared rooms
- private room
- entire house
- communal kitchen access
- communally cooked meals
- over 80% locally sourced
- fast: streaming video
Contact La'akea Permaculture Community
Register or login to contact this center.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: