GROUNDRULES FOR ANAHATA GUESTS, RESIDENTS & INTERNS
In general, we ask that your thoughts, words, and actions toward Anahata’s land, facilities, people, animals, and nature be respectful, beneficial and gentle. In addition, we ask for the following specifics from all of our guests, residents and interns.
1) Please respect the privacy of other guests and residents. Please enjoy the common areas and stay out of others’ private spaces unless specifically invited into them.
2) At all times, keep music and sound relatively soft.
3) Quiet hours are from 9:30 pm until 8:00 am. Many of us meditate/do yoga in the early morning hours. You are welcome to quietly make tea/breakfast or join us.
4) We evaluate pets on a case by case basis as we already have an established animal life balance on the property which we cherish. No pets are permitted inside the Celebration Space.
5) No smoking, no drugs, and no illegal substances/activities are allowed on the property.
6) Practice safety at all times, especially when in or around the river, hot tub, at a fire circle, etc.
7) Please go over some safety rules with children of any age, carefully supervise children, and assist young children around water, stairs and other potentially hazardous areas.
8) Please drive slowly and carefully, as we have deer, bunnies, chickens, pets and small children on the land. Please park in designated areas.
9) Please be sure to get approval for any additional visitors in advance.
10) You are most welcome to wander the Anahata land and neighborhood roads. And we have permission to walk upstream along the river for about ½ mile – through the Sunflower property, into Rima’s flume/rapids area. However, we have been asked not to walk downstream from Anahata onto neighboring properties.
11) When using the hot tub, please shower first, and do not take food or drink into the hot tub. Please use with care, especially if you have conditions that require you to take it easy. Listen to your body and get out when you feel over-heated. Also, at 103-104 degrees, our hot tubs are too intense for children.
12) Please use the spaces with love and clean up thoroughly after yourself when using kitchen, workshop, garden, greenhouse and other facilities, leaving it ‘nicer than you found it’. Please generally keep your space and other areas that you use spare, neat and clean.
13) We invite you to share your inspiration in helping out with projects, gardening or the like while you are here. However, be sure to ask what is needed/welcomed and get community member approval before tackling anything! : )
14) Feel free to participate in community potluck dinners, work parties, singing circles, etc.
We strive for harmony, peace and true enjoyment of each other. We hope to maintain open communication and sensitivity between us. Please let us know as needs arise! If you find you are not happy with any aspect of your visit, or we find we are not happy with the visit, and we are unable to resolve it, either you or Anahata can elect to end the visit with goodwill. In that case, we would ask for payment (if applicable) or reparation (if applicable) for any actual loss or damages resulting from your visit. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. Here’s to a wonderful visit!