This course covers the fundamental knowledge requirements of a Solar Installer Professional. It is accredited through IREC, and designed to address the NABCEP job task analysis. The class trains solar students and professionals with the skills needed in real world applications and prepares students for certification through NABCEP's PV Installation Professional exam. It meets 40 hours of the required education units.
Students will review the step-by-step responsibilities for installing a NEC code compliant PV system including the following:
- site selection and assessment
- system design and layout
- component selection and specification
- electrical and mechanical configuration
- safe construction procedures
- permitting and interconnection
- maintenance & troubleshooting
- worksite management
- Identify methods and tools used in completing a site survey.
- Confirm PV system design based on client goals and site conditions.
- Apply NEC standards pertaining to Solar PV systems.
- Configure PV system components for specific applications.
- List steps in testing and commissioning a PV system.
- Understand the scope in managing a PV project.
Prerequisite: One or more of the following:
- Completion of SLI's PV200 Design & Installation Course or equivalent
- Two years of design, installation or related experience
- Passing grade for NABCEP’s Photovoltaic Associate exam
- Exceptions to the above may be granted by the SLI on a case by case basis
- Solar Training
- Renewable Energy
- tent camping
- private room
- communal kitchen access
- fast: streaming video
Register or login to contact this facilitator.