This course equips people working in international development and grassroots projects with the perspectives and skills needed to engage with communities in partnership to incorporate elements into the design of communities, smallholder farms and land with household agricultural production that are holistic, appropriate, strategic, effective, diverse, as well as ecologically and economically sound. This course includes the 72-hr Permaculture Design Certification through the Permaculture Research Institute. The course has an emphasis on hands-on projects including a practical design project that is site and context specific and integrates all of the different elements of a thorough Permaculture Design.
Permaculture Design Courses always include the internationally recognized PDC Curriculum that can be found in the Permaculture Designer’s Manual. Highlighted for this course are the following:
- Agro-ecology Principles, Processes and Practical Applications
- Building Soil and Fertility
- Carbon Sequestration
- Watershed Management and Erosion Control
- Waste Streams/Cycling
- Perma-Gardens Curriculum, A USAID TOPS program
- Conflict Resolution / Peacemaking
- Pattern Literacy
- Food Forestry
- Water Harvesting
- Climate Change Resilience
- Design Priorities
- Broad Acre Applications
- Food and Nutrition Security through Permaculture Design
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Design Principles and Practices to build resilience in farming systems
- Animal Systems and Agricultural Integration
- Appropriate Technologies
- Community Facilitation/Community-Based Development
- Cultural Awareness and Honoring
- And much more!
- “This Permaculture Design Course was not a course, it’s so much more than a course. This has been the most impactful, life changing experience that I've ever surrendered to.” — PDC Participant
- “My learning journey at Quail Springs helped to nurture my presence of mind to be a better and more active listener—a vital trait for the international development professional.” — PDC Participant
- tent camping
- communally cooked meals
- slow: emails only
Due to our remote location we meet our students about 5 miles away at the Santa Barbara Pistachio Co. in Ventucopa, CA. From there we will caravan over to our site. More details will be sent to course participants upon signing up.
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Estados Unidos.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: