Oz Farm Apprenticeship:
Join Oz Farm for a seed to seed full circle educational hands on experience! Through practice and application of skills you will be able to learn all realms of communal living, farming, and land stewardship. A general education in all aspects of running a small scale organic farm with diversified fruit and vegetable production, manufacturing, and marketing.
To Apply go to http://www.ozfarm.com/apply-2018/
M-W-F: Farm Focused: transplanting, propagation, weeding, pruning, harvest, rotational field maintenance
T-Th: CSA Harvest, agro-ecological and sustainable food systems education, cabin preparation for retreats, landscaping and community upkeep.
As part of your work exchange all apprentices will be given:
- Private 10x12 tent cabin with wood burning stove, running water, and small solar array.
- Access to the communal farm kitchen that is stocked with:
- seasonal farm fresh produce
- bulk food items
- outdoor shower and bathtub
- large front and back porch
- a lounge area with loft space for guests.
- The opportunity to pursue passion projects on the farm outside of the 35 hour work week.
- $300 a month for personal expenses and two weeks vacation time with prior approval.
- Experience a season learning how to grow organic food while living in community deep within the redwoods along the Mendocino coast.
- private room
- communal kitchen access
- communally cooked meals
- over 80% locally sourced
- fast: streaming video
- dance1-2 times per week
- yoga1-2 times per week
Apprenticeship is currently offering the following opportunities:
Register or login to contact this facilitator.