Last-minute openings for 6-week PDC at the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project.
Get your PDC while you help design and implement some of the initial interventions at a forming ecovillage.
· Held for the first time at the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project’s guest house and 21Ha of rolling hills, meadows & forests set between a stream and a river (with an incredible waterfall).
· Consists of more than 90 hours of study, exceeding the minimum 72 hour standard for a PDC and includes a more multi-disciplinary perspective of Permaculture. The full contents of the course are described here.
· Awarded by the Integral Permaculture Academy, a network of experienced permaculture designers, social activists & change agents who have been working together to co-create an international, multilingual community since 2001.
· Supervised by Stefania Strega Scoz. Her extensive experience as a permaculture designer, eco-economist and community developer is detailed here: StellaCVeng.
· Facilitated on site by the founder of the 8th Life Panama Project.
The standard Permaculture Design Certificate course runs over 15 days or 5 weekends, but this unique course runs over 6 weeks. Why?
After experimenting with the standard formats for many years in the past, the Integral Permaculture Academy team concluded that such a short time doesn’t do justice to the radically transformative potential of the curriculum. The longer format allows the deep theoretical content to be integrated into as much observation work and practical hands-on designing and living the alternative as possible.
During your time with us, you will learn through a variety of approaches such as online multimedia presentations, discussion, hands-on learning, and individual and group design projects. The practical work will include contributing to the the continued work to make our guest house more ecological and permacultural and to designing and implementing some key initial interventions on the land.
The course schedule allows for weekends free, so that you can explore the incredibly beautiful part of Panama where the 8th Life Panama Project is located.
Compared with other 15-day PDCs which can cost thousands, our 6-week course at $900.00 (including course + dorm accommodation + shared meals) is a great deal.
This course in Panama will be held in English, but all the Academy’s materials are available in both English and Spanish.
The online course fee of EUR 286 fee is paid directly to the Integral Permaculture Academy. In the section of Basic Courses you can choose which of the courses you would like to enroll on. If you select an advanced option, note that on-site we will facilitate through the basic iPDC and you can continue your studies online for the more advanced options.
Room and board fee for the 6 weeks, USD $560, is paid directly to the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project, by direct deposit to a US or Panamanian bank account that will be provided, or by Western Union or PayPal. We will provide the details by WhatsApp or email once you contact us.
Please contact hola@8thLifePanama.org or WhatsApp +507-6741-9672 to enroll or if you have any questions.
- shared rooms
- communally cooked meals
- fast: streaming video
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Panama.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: