Join the founding members of the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project in rural Panama to learn how being a Permaculture designer can lead you to real social & environmental solutions. Permaculture provides the tools necessary to live more lightly on our planet. Applying this design science to our lives and our projects we can create the new way of living that is needed if we are to survive. We’re destroying ourselves and our planet. She will survive, but we may not. It’s time to STOP THE DESTRUCTION.
The course will be held at Villa Astoria and Finca Astoria, 21Ha of rolling hills, meadows & forests set between a stream and a river (with an incredible waterfall) the project’s EcoVillage site. Help design and implement some of the initial interventions at this forming ecovillage.
Internationally recognized Certification
8th Life Panama has teamed up with the Integral Permaculture Academy to offer this course, which exceeds the 72 hour standard of study required for a Permaculture Design Certificate, the standard PDC. This iPDC consists of more than 90 hours and in addition includes a more multi-disciplinary perspective of Permaculture. The full contents of the course are described here.
The Integral Permaculture Academy is a network of experienced permaculture designers, social activists & change agents who have been working together to co-create an international, multilingual community since 2001.
What’s unique about this course?
The truly outstanding value of this course is that the Academy Team has been working hard to continually improve our courses since 1998, with a team of dedicated students and tutors, focusing on perfecting the kind action learning that gets results in your real life after the course, for the long-term. This on-site Integral-focused Permaculture Design Certificate (iPDC, or Integral PDC) is unique in many ways:
An Online Component
We encourage you to enroll in the online component of the course before the onsite dates so that you can make the most of your time by:
- meeting the tutors and your other course companions. This enhances the probability that you’ll continue to stay in touch after the course, which is important as you learn to APPLY permaculture in the real world.
- familiarizing yourself with the online learning platform
- reviewing the Project’s website and asking about practical designs requiring support; and
- asking any questions you have.
When you return home after the course this same platform allows you to:
- keep in touch with everyone or anyone you wish and help each other with designs;
- review any or all of the classes at your leisure;
- go deeper into anything that interest you, especially using the e-book;
- take your time to develop and present the 2 practical designs which are necessary for the certificate, as they show that you are able to apply the theory you learned, at least at a basic level. It is possible to complete these designs on site if time allows.
While most courses give you take-home notes, with the Academy you get the whole course online, as well as a multimedia Integral Permaculture Designers’ Manual (the e-book) and an online support group which you can use to review and dive deeper into the theory and knowledge behind your experience at 8th Life Panama. Through the online community base, you can continue your learning journey, using this international group of permaculture designers to help and inspire you in developing your life designs & permaculture projects.
This kind of ongoing support from colleagues is crucial for implementing permaculture ideals in the real world, and this is what our neighborhoods, ecosystems and society desperately need. This also makes it very easy to continue learning at higher levels as the iPDC can lead to the Diploma level in Integral Permaculture – a smooth and easy transition that is unique to the Integral PermaCulture Academy.
See testimonials from current and past iPDC students here.
· Held at the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project’s guest house and 21Ha of rolling hills, meadows & forests set between a stream and a river (with an incredible waterfall).
· Consists of more than 90 hours of study, exceeding the minimum 72 hour standard for a PDC and includes a more multi-disciplinary perspective of Permaculture. The full contents of the course are described here.
· Awarded by the Integral Permaculture Academy, a network of experienced permaculture designers, social activists & change agents who have been working together to co-create an international, multilingual community since 2001.
· Designed by Stefania Strega Scoz who now rests in the next world. Her extensive experience as a permaculture designer, eco-economist and community developer is detailed here: StellaCVeng.
· Facilitated on site by the founder of the 8th Life Panama Project.
The standard Permaculture Design Certificate course runs over 15 days or 5 weekends, but this unique course runs over 6 weeks. Why?
After experimenting with the standard formats for many years in the past, the Integral Permaculture Academy team concluded that such a short time doesn’t do justice to the radically transformative potential of the curriculum. The longer format allows the deep theoretical content to be integrated into as much observation work and practical hands-on designing and living the alternative as possible.
During your time with us, you will learn through a variety of approaches such as online multimedia presentations, discussion, hands-on learning, and individual and group design projects. The practical work will include contributing to the the continued work to make our guest house more ecological and permacultural and to designing and implementing some key initial interventions on the land.
The course schedule allows for weekends free, so that you can explore the incredibly beautiful part of Panama where the 8th Life Panama Project is located.
Compared with other 15-day PDCs which can cost thousands, our 4-week course at $750.00 (including course + dorm accommodation + shared meals) is a great deal.
This course in Panama will be held in English & Spanish, and all the Academy’s materials are available in both lanaugages.
The online course fee of EUR 286 fee is paid directly to the Integral Permaculture Academy. In the section of Basic Courses you can choose which of the courses you would like to enroll on. If you select an advanced option, note that on-site we will facilitate through the basic iPDC and you can continue your studies online for the more advanced options.
Room and board fee for the 6 weeks, USD $405 is paid directly to the 8th Life Panama EcoVillage Project, by direct deposit to a US or Panamanian bank account that will be provided, or by Western Union or PayPal. We will provide the details by WhatsApp or email once you contact us.
Please contact hola@8thLifePanama.org or WhatsApp +507-6741-9672 to enroll or if you have any questions.
- Experiential PDC
- Life-long access to online materials
- Design key aspects of a forming ecovillage
- shared rooms
- communally cooked meals
- fast: streaming video
Pay with these cryptocurrencies:
We'll be happy to provide this information once you sign up. Thanks!
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: