We believe that empowered people will help to regenerate this earth. People that are empowered to grow their own food and medicine. We believe there is a tribe of earth guardians that are ready to receive the abundance of life by taking care of our planet and by learning the skills needed to help her. Are you ready to empower yourself for the good of all?
SYMBIOSIS: Weaving Beneficial Webs with Fungi, Medicinal Plants and Permaculture
Symbiosis between organisms are mutually beneficial relationships of interdependence. In nature, everything is in balance. All organisms have love affairs, constantly dancing to the music they create. They communicate, share nutrients, provide shelter, food, water and everything the other needs, sometimes even transforming them back into the matrix of life. Explore the interconnected relationships between plants and fungi from a holistic health perspective.
We are part of this amazing orchestra. We can tune in and remember where we came from. We can use the tools that we as amazing creators have gathered through our existence as Homo sapiens.
Come join us in this journey and disconnect to reconnect!
FACILITATORS OF THIS COURSESarah Wu is an herbalist for 18 years, with a focus on planetary eclectic medicine, herbal acute care, herbalism and its role in environmentalism. Living the permaculture lifestyle, off-the-grid at the Punta Mona Center for the past 9 years, she is dedicated to working with ecologically cultivated and ethically harvested medicinal plants.
Laura Palmieri is a biologist, botanist, herbalist and permaculturist, with a lifetime working with plants, Lala was raised in a greenhouse, cultivating orchids, building living walls and aquaponic systems. She lived at Punta Mona for three years as an educational facilitator and mentor to apprentices and volunteers and is currently part of the Fungi Academy.Silvan Fey is an artist, graphic designer, mushroom educator, community leader & Fungi Academy co-founder. He learned professional cultivation of gourmet, medicinal and entheogenic mushrooms in the village of the famous curandera Maria Sabina in the Oaxacan mountains of Mexico. His connection to mushroom cultivation and fungiculture started in 2013 and it has been a fulfilling journey ever since.
ABOUT FUNGI ACADEMYThis Course is hosted by The Fungi Academy, an intentional community fueled mushroom training center. Their mission is to empower conscious leadership through sharing the wisdom of mushrooms and community building.It is a mushroom cultivation school, a creative and educational co-living space, nestled in the hills above the mystical Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.During the time of the course, you will be welcomed to live here as a community member. Along one of the most beautiful lakes in the world lies a little indigenous Mayan town called San Marcos la Laguna. We are a hike up the hill away from distractions, but close enough to take a trip to town anytime.P.S. Once you have finished this course it is possible to stay and live in the Fungi Academy as an Apprentice.
ABOUT THE LAKE ATITLANLake Atitlán and its villages are a winning combination of scenic beauty, a relaxed atmosphere, easily accessible Mayan culture, and a good tourist infrastructure.Today even seasoned travelers marvel at this incredible environment. Fishermen in rustic crafts ply the lake’s aquamarine surface, while indigenous women in multicolored outfits do their washing by the banks where trees burst into bloom. Fertile hills dot the landscape, and over everything loom the volcanoes, permeating the entire area with a mysterious beauty. It never looks the same twice. No wonder many outsiders have fallen in love with the place and made their homes here.
- 12 and a half days of full immersion, including a field trip and a hike, plus 1 and a half days off to explore the Lake and it’s wonders
- 15 Nights accomodation at Fungi Academy
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day
- Dormitory or camping included (Privates available for a small extra)
- Information sharing classes and Hands-on Projects
- Access to our mushroom laboratory and extensive library of books
- Daily Yoga
- Being part of our intentional community
- Cacao party
PermacultureSoil Science – Integrated Pest Management – Garden and Farm Designs – Urban and Suburban Permaculture – Social Permaculture – Compost Systems
HerbalismTherapeutic Ecology – Medicine Making – Formulations and Plant Energetics – Basic Global Materia Medica of Plants and Fungi – Kitchen Ferments – Plant Spirit Medicine – Home, Family and Self Care
MycologyFungi Ecology and Biology – Indoor and Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation – Working Inside a Mushroom Laboratory – Gardening with Mushrooms – Full Cycle from Spores to Harvest
Get involved! Hands on Workshops and Field Activities:
- Garden Projects
- Medicine Making
- Kitchen and Garden Ferments
- Plant Spirit Medicine Journey
- Plant Medicine Tasting
- Mushroom Propagation in the Lab
- Outdoor and Indoor Mushroom Cultivation
- Wild Crafting in Local Forests and Fields
- tent camping
- shared rooms
- private room
- over 80% locally sourced
- communally cooked meals
- medium: voice calls (no video)
- plant medicinedaily
- The nearest airport is Guatemala City (GUA).
- You can get to Panajachel easily by private or public shuttle. From the airport or from Antigua. Ask us if you need private shuttle service.
- We recommend taking one extra day for travel. And stay in Panajachel, San Marcos or San Pedro or any other beautiful town around the lake.
- The transportation to San Marcos la Laguna from Panajachel is a half hour boat ride through the lake.
- We live a healthy 15-minute hike up the hill from the closest neighborhood, and 30 min up from the center of San Marcos. You can take a tuk tuk from the center to the cemetery and then hike up the hill. The walk is not accessible to people with mobility issues.
- The mushroom course starts tuesday after lunch. You are invited to have lunch with us at 12:30 pm. You are welcome to arrive earlier to settle in. We will start with an ORIENTATION AT 2:30 PM.
- We finish Monday, August 9th with a Cacao party & graduation ceremony. After the ceremony, we will open the space for sharing music, and celebrations going on until late, so we welcome you to spend the night.
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Guatemala.
Earth Warrior Training
January 19 - February 16, 2019 @ The Yoga Forest
- Soil Science
- medicinal plants
- Water Systems
- cultural exchange
- holistic health
- community projects
- Renewable Energy
- sacred medicine
Introduction to Natural Building
February 24 - March 02, 2019 @ Atitlan Organics
- Renewable Energy
- cultural exchange
- community projects
- natural building
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: