This Permaculture Design Certification course is an in-depth, 80+ hours training in the theory and practice of Permaculture. Over two super fun weeks, participants will:
🌿 Receive the full curriculum as laid out by Bill Mollison and Dave Holmgren, the founders of Permaculture
🌿 Study with world class, international facilitators
🌿 Take part in hands-on, dynamic lessons in the field
🌿 Go on epic field trips to Permaculture sites throughout the region
🌿 Receive in-depth lectures and workshops
🌿 Study Permaculture in the rich biodiversity of Guatemala
🌿 Receive the internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.
🌿 Daily yoga
🌿 All food and lodging (over two sites) included.
Over the years we have crafted an in-depth, dynamic curriculum that we are very proud of. We cover all elements of permaculture, from its guiding ethics and principles to hands-on strategies of garden bed creation and soil loss prevention; from water management and use to food forests; from invisible structures and fair share to the implementation of successful permaculture-based enterprises; from integrated animal husbandry to natural building AND SO MUCH MORE!
* * *
The curriculum is divided into three areas: presentations, discussions, and class activities; hands-on practical site work and design; and field trips and excursions to regional Permaculture sites. Topics are covered in a variety of ways to support all learning styles.
Participants will spend the first week of the course at the Yoga Forest, a yoga and permaculture center featuring an expansive tropical food forest nestled into the mountains surrounding Lake Atitlan. In addition to the full Permaculture Design curriculum, participants may take part in daily yoga classes while there. The second week takes place at Atitlan Organics, a 9 year old productive Permaculture farm. All food and lodging over the two sites are included with the course.
Studying Permaculture in Guatemala offers amazing opportunities to learn from indigenous cultures, rich natural patterns, and enormous diversity. Permaculture in Central America is representative of the edge effect or Edge Valuing Principle of Design. As one of the world’s centres of biodiversity, Central America attracts people from all over the world interested in learning through nature. Permaculture practices and designs can be seen in action via the surviving indigenous traditions that are common here. Participants will discover great opportunities to learn from diverse groups of people in incredibly biodiverse natural settings.
- “I had the most amazing experience doing the 2 week PDC at Atitlan Organics. The lectures, experiential learning activities, accommodations, and food were all fantastic. The community was so diverse and welcoming and fosters an environment in which everyone truly wants to learn, share, grow, and make the earth a better place. I left feeling so inspired and empowered. I highly recommend Atitlan Organics and their PDC course to anyone who wants to learn amazing skills, gain a new perspective on our interactions with the land, and who wants to experience Guatemala in a completely unique and authentic way.” -Caroline, December 2018
- Epic field trips to Permaculture sites throughout the region
- World class facilitators
- Super fun, in-depth lectures and classes!
- Two week course with all facilitation, materials, field trips, food and accommodations included for USD $1495
- shared rooms
- communal kitchen access
- restaurant on site
- over 80% locally sourced
- medium: voice calls (no video)
- permaculturemultiple times a day
Please plan to arrive at The Yoga Forest by 2 p.m.
Directions here: http://www.theyogaforest.org/gettinghere/
If you need help getting to Lake Atitlan, write separately. It is quite easy, whether you come from the airport or Antigua, or from another town on the lake. We can help arrange shuttles from the airport as well, so let us know if you would like this.
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Guatemala.
THE TEN BODIES RETREAT Kundalini Yoga & Transformational Play
April 18 - 24, 2020 @ Mystical Yoga Farm
- Authentic relating
- holistic health
- medicinal plants
- sacred medicine
- cultural exchange
Cosmic Convergence HOSPITALITY -ThemeCamp THE JOURNEY, Shuttles, Tents, Hotels 2019-2020
December 26, 2019 - January 03, 2020 @ Santiago Atitlán
- cultural exchange
- sacred medicine
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: