Calling all ladies with a love for travel!
We invite you to come spend 7 rejuvenating and empowering days deep in the rainforest of Costa Rica, learning the skills and practices necessary to channel your inner warrior princess.
You are empowered.
Your inner warrior princess is waiting to be unleashed into the world.
Learn your strength in a week of self-defense, yoga, and adventure in the Costa Rican rainforest.
This empowerment self-defense and yoga retreat is geared to give you the skills you need to feel confident and ready to defend yourself—both in everyday life, and while traveling. You will gain valuable life skills in communication, martial arts, movement, and mindfulness that you can use at any stage of life, anywhere in the world!
This exclusive experience is being offered for the first time on October 14-20, 2019!
*Get deep into empowerment, self-care, and real-life practical skills with daily empowerment self-defense and yoga.
*Adventure in the Costa Rican rainforest with your choice of white-water rafting, stand-up paddleboarding, or canyoning followed by soaking in the indulgent hot springs.
*Spend a day and learn archery and other badass skills from real life warrior princesses from the local Maleku Indian tribe
*Share in a spa session using lush organic local ingredients including volcanic mud, coffee and chocolate and tropical, fruity drinks
*Connect with other like-minded women through meaningful discussions, games, ceremonies, and adventures in nature.
*Truly unplug and give yourself the gift of total presence. With limited cell signal, it’s easy to stay in the moment!
Part workshop, part retreat, with a little bit of summer camp, this immersive experience is packed with a big dose of adventure, deep connection, quality relaxation, nature, giving back, a little bit of luxury, and a whole lot of fun.
This unique empowerment package includes:
> Daily self-defense workshops.
> Daily yoga classes.
> Your choice of:
>Visit to the healing and luxurious hot springs .
> Farm and operations tour of the inspiring Rancho Margot property.
> 3 delicious, farm fresh meals each day.
> Local coffee, medicinal teas, available daily.
> Guided meditations and hikes in nature, including: Forest bathing!
> Expert guidance from trained instructors and facilitators.
>Hands on archery lessons from local indigenous tribes people from the Maleku Indians
> Use of Rancho Margot facilities, including freshwater pools, lounge areas, library, meditation spaces, and 400 acres of permaculture forests and gardens.
> Shared jungle spa experience using local organic products.
> Opening and closing ceremonies.
> Group led activities and discussions.
> Community service project working with local children.
> Locally crafted welcome gift
>All local tourism taxes and service fees.
> ALSO→ your enrollment supports a day-long, intensive Spanish-language program empowering local women in the community with ESD skills following the retreat.
In Empowerment Self-Defense workshops, you’ll learn:
- How to express a strong NO
- Skills for moving through the world and traveling with confidence
- Simple and effective physical techniques for self-defense
- How to set strong boundaries and enforce them
- Assertive communication skills
- Fun games and exercises to train verbal and physical skills
- The universal language of boundaries and self-confidence→ applicable in any cultural context.
- Role plays to integrate new techniques and apply them to real life situations
About Empowerment Self-Defense:
Empowerment Self-Defense (ESD) was created by female martial artists who recognized that the "self-defense" they were being taught was catered to how men fight men. Therefore, they developed ESD as a means to incorporate the social and cultural contexts specific to violence perpetrated against marginalized populations.
With Slow-Flow Yoga, you will:
- Stretch and strengthen your muscles
- Learn mindfulness practices to bring back to your daily life
- Gain confidence in your body’s abilities
- Improve balance
- Decrease stress
- Enjoy expression and exploration through movement!
Who is this retreat for?
Any woman who loves travel and wants to feel more empowered!
- Solo Travelers
- Travel Agents/Advisors
- Young women, old women and women in-between
Anyone looking to expand their comfort zone, learn new skills, and experience incredible adventure!
Each day will start off with daily yoga sessions in the magical riverside yoga pavilion, followed by scrumptious farm fresh breakfasts including some of the best coffee in the world! Mornings will be filled with optional adventures and activities; at midday, we’ll enjoy farm-to-table lunch. Each afternoon will include a 3-hour empowerment and self-defense session involving hands on training, group discussions and interactive games. We’ll wind down with some evening chill time, farm to table dinner, and evening activities like spa nights, song circles, and bonfire. One day will find us exploring the area and participating in your choice adventure followed by an afternoon of soaking in the nearby healing hot springs.
- Build strength and confidence and get real tools for living an empowered life.
- Connect and learn with other powerful women.
- Immerse in a stunning eco retreat center set on over 400 acres of permaculture gardens and forests.
- Explore the surrounding rivers and hot springs in a full-day excursion off site.
- Dive into daily yoga classes and self-defense training
- Set intentions for your personal growth and make them reality
- Nourish your body and mind with healthy food and beautiful natural surroundings
- shared rooms
- private room
- over 80% locally sourced
- medium: voice calls (no video)
Pay with these cryptocurrencies:
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Costa Rica.
Intensive Bamboo building and furniture workshop
July 01 - 06, 2019 @ BAMBOO SCHOOL
- natural building
February 03 - 09, 2020 @ Finca Morpho
- holistic health
- Soil Science
- community projects
- Renewable Energy
- medicinal plants
- Authentic relating
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: