Finca Morpho is offering a 4 week intensive permaculture immersion while living in community. The farm is located in the Osa Penisula of Costa Rica, the second most bio-diverse place on the planet. Nestled on a isolated and remote beach, the farm offer more than the typical permaculture experience.
This 3 intensive will offer a classroom style teaching and practical applications along side hands on experience. This will allow for a unique transformational opportunity that will give you the skills and experiences that you can take away and utilize in the creation of your new world. Check it out!
Many Permaculture classes lack the hands-on experience, leaving people with the knowledge of permaculture but lacking the necessary understanding and experiences of how to do the tasks. This program is special in that you are learning while you are doing and are fully involved in the lesson. The length of the program enables you to see some of the effects of the work you are creating and the lasting impact you are creating within the community.
The expectations for this work trade are as followed;
1. Lead two meals a day for 5 days a week.
2. Monday morning communal maintenance and general MOOPing. -Kitchen maintaince
3. Following the farm agreements.
4. One review/blog post on your stay at the Finca.
Accommodations include, a shared dormitory style bed or private tent (tent provided with mattress), composting toilets, showers, laundry, as well as mostly organic and local food. Breakfast and lunch are prepared Monday - Saturday. All other food is provided for the remaining meals.
More information can be found at http://www.fincamorpho.com/
6 am Optional Yoga/Meditation
7 am Free Time/Shadow
9:00 Group Lession
10:00 Group Hands-On Project
1:30 Personal Projects/Fun Projects
4:00 Optional Community Building Exercise (Women's Circle, Song Circle,Talking Stick)
6:00 Free Flow Dinner (Food provided, not prepared)
7 pm Evening gathering
- Soil science basics
- Planting with the Moon
- Permaculture Principles and Practices
- Water Collection Systems
- Waste Management Systems (Recycling)
- Animal Care (Dogs, Chickens, Ducks, Horses)
- Community Living
- tent camping
- communal kitchen access
- communally cooked meals
- fast: streaming video
- permaculture3-5 times per week
- breathwork3-5 times per week
- meditation3-5 times per week
- As you exit the airport there are bus that are the main street that go by. If you take the bus number 23 and get off next to the children's hospital you can then walk to the BLanco Lobo Station. but if you don't feel comfortable it is a 20$ taxi ride to the Blanco Lobo Station There are 2 buses that leave from the Blanco Lobo Station at the intersection of Calle 12 and Avenidas 7/9 in the Coca Cola District of San Jose. The first one leaves at 8am and the second leaves at 12pm and are around $15 dollars to Puerto Jimenez. We highly recommend using the bus system, which is a 8 hour trip that allows you to see a lot of the country. The bus will bring you to Puerto Jimenez and from here you can catch a taxi to the farm. Our address is 14km Sur de Bomba de Osa en la calla de Matapalo con puerton murado.
- There are 2 small engine airlines that also take daily trips to Puerto Jimenez. Sansa and Nature Air are at the airport and from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez it is an hour long flight.
- Driving Directions - When you are in Puerto Jimenez you follow you the only paved road till it ends and turn right at an intersection that has the Gas Station(Bomba de Osa) and a BM grocery store. From here we are 14km south on this road with a purple gate on your left and a sign that says Finca Morpho. Make sure to check your Odometer.
- If you arrive and are unable to catch one of the two buses or a airplane, then there is a cheap hostel called Hotel Cala ( 506-2441-3219) very close to airport, where you can stay for the night and arrange for a taxi early in the morning before traffic hits.
Permaculture Apprenticeship is currently offering the following opportunities:
- Video editor/photographer
- Event recorder/blogger
Register or login to contact this facilitator.