6th Annual Contact Improv Retreat in Costa Rica
February 16-23, 2019, @ Goddess Garden, Cahuita, Costa Rica
Come to the magical rainforest and Caribbean coast of Costa Rica to play, improvise, and enhance your Contact skills. Your host, Moti Zemelman, brings 30 years of CI experience to share. We’ll improvise in a beautiful palapa studio, do site specific dance with the Goddess Tree, in the pool & on the beach. Nightly jams will include live music. During this week intensive we'll explore Contact as a way of connecting with self, nature, spirit and community.
Come to the magical rainforest and Caribbean coast of Costa Rica to play, improvise, and enhance your Contact skills. Your host and teacher, Moti Zemelman, brings 30 years of CI experience to share. We’ll improvise in the beautiful wood-floor palapa studio and do site specific dance explorations with the Goddess Tree, in the pool & on the beach. Nightly jams will include live improvised music. During this week-long intensive we will explore Contact as a way of connecting with self, nature, spirit and community.
❉ 7 Nights accommodations
❉ Morning warm-ups
❉ Daily Contact classes and Jams
❉ 3 healthy nutritious meals per day
❉ Excursion to the Cahuita National Park
❉ Transportation to and from San Jose to
✾ 6 person dorm: $1195
✾ Triple: $1395
✾ Double: $1595
✾ Private Room: $1995
For details and registration:
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MOTI ZEMELMAN, MFA
As your host and teacher I bring 30 years of CI experience to share. Based in Massachusetts, I've taught and performed across USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, Europe and Israel. This will be my 8th year teaching in Costa Rica! Over the last 10 years in my desire to integrate communication and intimacy skills in teaching and life I have studied Non-violent communication, Tantra, Butoh, Byron Katie's "The Work" and most recently Betty Martin's "Wheel of Consent". I have been both a teacher and a board member at Earthdance Retreat Center in Plainfield, MA where I currently direct the Touch&Play Festival. I am a featured dancer in Sanford Lewis' documentary film about CI "An Intimate Dance." I also design and moderate the international Contact Improv resource website www.contactimprov.com.
- Moti's intensive was hands down the best contact dance intensive I have ever taken. Moti was able to create a space where community could flourish and where we were able to explore ourselves at so many levels. Contact dance was the vehicle through which we delved deeper into ourselves and what in means to be in community with each other. I cannot recommend his teaching enough. - Rosemary Macadam (Toronto, Canada)
- This Retreat was an absolute highlight in my over 30 years on again off again CI dance life. Moti is a sensei, a true master teacher, who has fed my love for CI on a very deep level and has brought out new curiosities and inner explorations into my being a CI practitioner, who wants to see this form spread to the edges of the earth. - Cornelia Hoehle, (USA/Germany)
- The combination of a paradise jungle/ocean location and Moti’s loving, experienced teaching made this a contact improv dancer’s dream. - Bobby Dolan, (MA, USA)
- Moti's classes were always engaging and challenging without pushing me to wear out my aging body! Thanks for attuned pacing that seemed to work well for the younger bodies as well. - Beth Dennison (MA, USA)
- shared rooms
- private room
- restaurant on site
- over 80% locally sourced
- medium: voice calls (no video)
- dancemultiple times a day
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
More experiences in Costa Rica.
Regenerative Permaculture Design Course
October 17 - November 01, 2019 @ Brave Earth / Tierra Valiente
- community projects
- Soil Science
- medicinal plants
- natural building
Bamboo Building Immersion
May 17 - 25, 2019 @ Platanillo
- natural building
- holistic health
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: