The Atlantic Rain Forest Living Experience program is designed to be an adventurous, fun, learning forestal experience. Organic garden, forest shopping for our daily meals and forestal cuisine classes, are part of the experience.The Atlantic Rain Forest is a rich tropical paradise biome of unique flora and fauna. You will learn about edible foods of the forest, such as bananas, jabuticabas, guavas, avocados, oranges, lime, mango, jackfruit, organic gardening, free range chicken and sheep farming and the rich culture and cuisine of Brazil. Your Expedition will include forest bathing therapy, waterfalls trails, Permaculture, Organic gardening, free range Eggs, Food Forestry, Re-Forestation, free range chiken and sheep farming, Camping, Community Living, Language and Cultural Exchange Programs with local Campers and with People visiting from different parts of the World!!!🌍🌎🌏
Workshops on organic gardens, forest cuisine, campgrounds building abd maintainance, bio and conventional construction projects, is part of oir daily routine and can be also part of your expedition!!! You can contribute by teaching or learning, so we can all expand your ability to manage sustainable projects in our abilities to live a more sustainable life.
What can be enjoyed while visiting, but excursions outside Maple Leaf Reserve, will require extra charges and taxing:
- You will have the opportunity to connect and network with other visitors and Local Campers.
- Hopefully you will leave this program with the knowledge, resources, connections, plans and inspiration, to live in greater harmony with nature.
- Stay on a beautiful protected reserve with an organic holistic living family, on the Mantiqueira Mountains, inside of the Atlantic Rain Forest, one of the most unique regions of Brazil.
- Enjoy daily relaxing massage of the waterfalls, GeoPark, hike on land trails or aqua trekking, swim in the natural spring river pools
- Go on excursions to Communities and Culture Centers, when Covid is over
- Family Oriented Programs, cultural and language exchange programs and fun!
- Experience an educational Expedition customized to the interests of the group, such as birdwatching, wild camping and the likes
- Excursion to our local National Park (Itatiaia or Black Needles)
- Excursion to award winning Cachaca distillery (Reserva do Nosco)
- Practice yoga, meditation, dancing and relaxation techniques
- Enjoy pristine rivers with natural swimming pools and the amazing waterfalls
- Enjoy three organic vegetarian meals a day with amazing, diverse tropical fruits
- Receive transportation from / to the Sao Paulo airport and on all excursions during the Expedition
* All Accommodations (30 nights or 60 nights) in shared dorms
* 3 meals a day - mostly organic and local, and unbelievable tropical fruits
* Food at restaurants visited during the Expedition is also included
* All workshops, presentations and hands on experiences
* Education from multiple experts, and one on one coaching
* Private transportation on daily excursions
* All wellness activities, yoga, meditation
* Transportation from and to Sao Paulo airport* Re-forestation Project, reduce your carbon footprint!
Any excursion to tourist destinations like Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, Copacabana Beach, Angra dos Reis & ocean beach, Party & ocean beach or Aparecida are optional and can be arrange but at an additional cost. These trips are all within 3 hours drive.
Daily routine is weather dependent. This is a rain forest, so there are sunny days, but be prepared for days of rain.
Daily: Maintaining the organic garden, cleaning the kennel, sheep and the chickens quarters, forest shopping and assist preparing our dayly meals, Most work is done early morning or late afternoon. Mid day is very hot and is a perfect time to relax and advebture into the many forest trails and waterfalls for some TLC from Mother Nature.
Cooking: Sharing the cooking experience of some alternative forestal food. Three meals per day cooked by the group and an abundance of Whatever seasonal fruits.
Excursions: Trips to town for supplies, meet the local community or tour the local attractions. Visit to a local National Park and Cachaça distillery available at your own cost.
Community: Language, Cultural and Cuisine Exchange Program with local Campers visiting usually on weekends.
- Understanding of the delicate balance in the Atlantic Rain Forest
- Appreciation for the food we eat, what it takes to grow this food.
- Getting to know the local culture, people and community
- tent camping
- shared rooms
- communal kitchen access
- communally cooked meals
- over 80% locally sourced
- fast: streaming video
Pay with these cryptocurrencies:
Hot shower, washroom in each room and WiFi available.
Bunk bed accommodation
Explore the hiking trails, the rivers with natural swimming pool and the many waterfalls. Participate in the re-forestation programs or other Agro-Forest programs. Open year round. The main building has plenty of activities to keep you entertained.
Enjoy the “Conservation” lifestyle in one of the most popular ecovillages. At this warm and inviting venue, you may just want to stay!
Most international flight are into São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport. This airport has many popular car rental companies like Hertz, Avis, Budget and more.
Driving is on a multi-lane highway using HWY #116 (Dutra). The Dutra is a toll road and will require cash (~R$50). Take the Dutra toward Rio De Janeiro (235 km) to exit 330A/Hwy 354 in Engenheiro Passos. Take Hwy 354 for 1 km and turn right after the river. Stay on Estr. da Fazenda Valparaiso for 8 km. Maple Leaf Ecovillage Reserve is the last property on the road.
Register or login to contact this facilitator.
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: