The vision of this place is to co-create a refuge/retreat for peace activists, and train the next generation of integral nonviolence practitioners.
Things that we will explore, experiment with, and practice are
(inspired by Bullocks Permaculture Homested, City Repair Portland, etc)
(inspired by Casa De Paz, Possibility Alliance, Gandhian Iceberg, NVC, etc)
(inspired by Plum Village and Thich Naht Hanh, etc)
(inspired by EARTH, Goenka's vipassana centers, Vinoba Bhave, Service Space, etc)
VISITING / HELPING (updated on Oct 2017)
We're still no ready to officially receive guests, but if you have time and skills that we need, and we happen to be able to respond to your email/message, then something could happen. All we have right now is a roof and floor, compost toilet is almost done, and a rocket stove. Unfortunately, we don't have enough committed people on the ground to receive guests at the moment, and nobody lives at the Dojo yet. I want to say YES to everyone but we don't have the capacity to comfortably host yet....and every once in a while things work out so its not a definite NO either. I guess its always a MAYBE.
The IDEAL characteristics of a volunteer at the moment are
- can speak basic Japanese: most of my team and the locals can only speak Japanese
- patient: our response time is slow, and we aren't always able to respond (feel free to remind us)
- self-sufficient: can take initiative and do a project, we also can't feed people yet like a WWOOF host, and it's basically like camping.
- friendly: as in likes people, because we have lots of people coming through!
- low or no expectations: the key to happiness
- can stay about a week: it takes energy and time to orient people so realistically, a week is about how much time it takes for someone to "help" us. If you can commit for months that would be amazing, and if you can commit for life.....now we're talking!
Next year (2018), we will hopefully have more structure (social and physical), and be able to host people!
Size of project site
People on site
1 - 30
- shared rooms
- None: Off the grid
Peace and Permaculture Dojo パーマカルチャーと平和道場 is currently offering the following opportunities:
- permaculture design
Contact Peace and Permaculture Dojo パーマカルチャーと平和道場
Register or login to contact this center.
More centers in Japan.
- Renewable Energy
- community projects
- eco village
- eco lodge
- medicinal plants
- community projects
- cultural exchange
- natural building
- local language class
- sacred medicine
- holistic health
- retreat center
- education center
- social project
- intentional community
Pay with these cryptocurrencies: