1. Minimum Length of Stay: The minimum stay in the volunteer program is 14 nights.
2. Sobriety and Drug Testing: As we are a recovery community, all volunteers at New Life are required to be substance-free and alcohol-free for the duration of their stay at the foundation. We administer random drug and alcohol tests to all community members. If you fail a test, have been found to be using, or in possession of contraband substances, you will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. This includes not reporting doctor prescribed medications.
3. Mandatory Activities: Volunteers are required to participate in all mandatory activities in the program (morning yoga or meditation and community work)
4. Insurance Policy: We require all volunteers to organize their own health and travel insurance. Kindly make your own arrangements and send proof before arrival. In the event that you are not covered by an insurance policy and you experience illness and/or injury, New Life Foundation will not be held liable.
5. Disclosure Policy: Our staff, life-coaches, therapists, and community-members mainly use mindfulness practice, talk therapy, and self-development work. There are no doctors or psychiatrists onsite. We do not provide services to support treatment for individuals with active eating disorders, severe psychiatric or physiological disorders or illnesses, a history of verbal or physical aggression or psychosis, or who wish to undergo detoxification or taper off psychiatric medications. Should any of these categories apply to you, we require you to disclose this, and any other pertinent information (including history of addiction, mental illness or disorder, and medications currently being taken) in your application to stay. Please also let us know of any prior applications to stay OR about any previous visits, if you have been here before. It is not possible to stay at New Life if you are taking benzodiazepines (such as Valium or Xanax) and/or other opiate-type medications. In the event of nondisclosure of any such information, we reserve the right to ask you to leave without issuing a refund. This applies to everyone who comes to stay at New Life, regardless of whether you are a guest, retreat participant, volunteer, or resident.
6. Visas: We ask that you have the correct visa or visa exemption stamp during your stay at the foundation. Please be advised that the Thai immigration department no longer allows back-to-back visa exemptions. If you are not a Thai citizen or resident, we recommend that you apply for a tourist visa in your home country or in a Thai embassy or consulate outside of Thailand. The exact requirements of the visa and the length of time you will be able to stay in Thailand depends on your country of citizenship. Please contact your home embassy or consulate directly for further information.